Friday, August 13, 2010

Welcome to My World.

I live behind a painting. Literally.



I'm staying in an unfinished dance/art studio, and the painting serves as a door between the dance studio (landlord's storage space) and the art studio (my living quarters).  Every time I squeeze behind the painting, I imagine I'm entering my own secret world. Currently, my secret world has a lot of partially unpacked boxes and disorganized stuff.

It's only till the end of the month, when I get to move into my real new home. But for right now, there's no oven or stove top (since there's no real kitchen) or shower. I like to cook things, so the no-stove/oven has been challenging.  I also like to be clean. The solution? Improvise! I've been learning to be a gourmet chef with my propane camping stove, a microwave, a rice cooker, a wafflemaker, an electric skillet, and a bread machine!  I am especially enjoying the waffles and the bread, yum!

The cleanliness solution is found at the local college's gym. I didn't like that at all at first, but got used to it pretty quick. It sure beats feeling dirty! The students working the front desk always seem a bit confused when I've only been there for 20 minutes... I guess most people don't go to the gym just to shower. Who'd have thought?

Since moving, I've been spending my time trying to figure out where I packed that random thing, unpacking it, getting necessary things (like that trip to IKEA... I didn't buy anything I didn't just have to have! lol), exploring the area, and looking for a job. Hopefully I'll find something good. For now, I'll just keep popping through the picture, like Mary Poppins through a chalk-drawing!

No comments:

Post a Comment