Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Funnel Cakes, Ferris Wheels, and Fun at the Fair!

Today the Dutchess County Fair started.  It gets big hype from everyone I've talked to in the area.  It's been fun to see the carnival ride trucks rolling into town. At the Grandstand, big names like George Jones, Montgomery Gentry, and Foreigner are playing....but since tickets went on sale in May, I probably won't be going.

I can't wait to check it out! Mmmm, funnel cake! Although I won't be riding any ferris wheels... once, a very long time ago, I got stuck on one for what seemed like hours (I think I was about four, so it was probably only 20 minutes)!  I've never liked them since!

It's been raining a lot here, so my adventures have been a bit hampered. I'm hoping to go hiking in the Catskills soon, maybe this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. It was really 45 minutes. The two carnies couldn't get the brake to work.. it get slipping, so they couldn't get the wheel to "stop on a dime," i.e. at YOUR car. Then there was this whole balance thing with the cars tilting. It was horrible.... You should be afraid of ferris wheels. I am.

    ReplyDelete